A SAD DAY

12 years 10 months ago #1 by {FF}-=HellHorsE=-
Well its a sad day in the gaming world. Shortly after a quick round of BFBC 2 with Docmasters last night My Computer died. I'm not sure when I will be able to afford a new one but until then I will be unable to join you guys in game. I have started to look around but I'm not sure if I should buy from a store of get one built. Any suggestions are appreciated.

L8R

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #2 by admin
Oh crap, that sucks.

My three cents:

If you want a high-quality computer at decent cost, build your own. You can build a 2,000 dollar computer for half the price. Choose quality parts with great ratings and you can't go wrong.

If you need mid-quality, buy a pre-built machine. It is difficult I think to build a mid-level computer that is much better than store-bought when seen in light of price for performance. But if you build it yourself you will get satisfaction from that and probably it will be as reliable :)

If you have a low budget, buy store-bought. A custom build for a low price machine will invariably have parts that are unreliable and will fail at some point soon after building. Just make sure it has room for your graphics card!

12 years 10 months ago #3 by {FF}-=HellHorsE=-
Well problem solved. Turned out to just be my Video card. Went out and got a new one as well as a new power supply. things are running great and the game has never looked so good. I can finally run it with everything maxed out.

12 years 10 months ago #4 by {FF}CTP
Yippee! Few things are as satisfying as a new computer or graphics card :) Which card did you get?

12 years 10 months ago #5 by {FF}-=HellHorsE=-
ATI Radeon HD 5670 :lol: